The highly competitive nature of the hospitality business segment means managers need to be up-to-date with the latest technology that can help them in improving the services offered by their hotel property. It could be something as simple as use of AI in the daily tasks in and around the hotel or using the latest cloud PMS to manage information across various distribution channels. Understanding and using modern technology is the most important quality that a manager and a team can have if they want to excel in the business.
In the recent push towards adopting the cloud, the hotel industry is going through a revolution in the digital arena. Gone are the days of using on-premise PMS software that would crash often, had a longer learning curve and often took a long time to offer modern features as per industry norms. While many hotels are still using legacy PMS because they are used to working in a certain way, using a Web Based Hotel PMS can help them to boost their productivity as well as their profits with ease. The transition from legacy PMS to a cloud PMS is a quick and simple procedure.
By using cloud-based property management software, hotels can get the latest features, critical security patches, and the most cutting edge technology for use in their hotel premises. Here are some advantages of cloud PMS over a traditional PMS.
- Easy to install in a matter of hours
- Affordable as compared to legacy PMS
- Short learning curve for new users
- Regular updates with latest features
- Works on any modern hardware
- Excellent data security in the cloud
- Accessible from various devices
- Ideal for hotels of all sizes
- Highly customizable as per hotel’s needs
- Easy to scale with growth of the business
- Ample scope of innovation in services offered
- Easy to switch from legacy PMS to cloud PMS
How Hotels can Leverage Cloud-Based Property Management System in 2023
- A Guest-Focused Hotel – Putting the focus on guests is best done with a cloud-based property management system. Once the daily and mundane management tasks are completed by the PMS, the staff has more free time on their hands and they can devote this time to helping the guests and interacting with them in a manner that makes a difference. From providing guests with a personalized experience to giving them discounts and offers on repeated visits, a PMS can make all these things easier than ever.
- Automation Drives the Business Forward – There are many ways in which a cloud PMS can help the hotel to automate everyday tasks such as assigning housekeeping duties, adding new items to inventory, creating reports and checking-in guests and much more. Through rigorous automation of these activities, hotel managers can create a stress-free work environment where the staff can focus on activities that actually drive profits for the hotel. Hotels can also use automation through artificial intelligence chatbots that can answer guest queries with ease.
- Improved Communication with Guests – Communicating clearly with the guests is one sure shot way to get them to choose a property again. From the moment a guest chooses a property for their stay, they should get regular communication with information that makes their stay a memorable experience. A hotel PMS can be set-up to send guests reminders before their stay and this information can include directions to the property, popular attractions in the region and even weather updates so guests can prepare accordingly. What’s more, clients can also use AI to create engaging emails that seek feedback from guests about their stay and also if the guests want to suggest any improvements.
- Better Room Rates – A cloud-based property management system is ideal for channel management to offer the best room rates to the guests. As the data is backed up on the cloud, all information synchronization happens in real time. When guests book a room through a travel portal or the hotel’s website, they can rest assured that they will get the best room rates. Hotels can also use AI to select repeat customers or group bookings to give them attractive discounts and create customers for a lifetime.
- Ease of Managing Multiple Properties – Hotel managers often have several properties under their care and they have to manage everything from day-to-day operations as well as unique issues related to each property. By using a cloud-based property management system, remote management becomes a breeze. Through a unified dashboard, managers can keep an eye on the operations of a property even when they are not physically present at the location. Cloud based PMS allows multiple authorized personnel to access the data of a hotel with ease and make decisions that are profitable for the hotel chain.
One of the keys to success in the hotel industry is choosing the right tools for the task. Hotel managers need to find a property management system that is customized to suit the needs of the business. A cloud PMS can help a hotel business in improving productivity of the staff and enhancing their profitability as well. At mycloud Hospitality, the team brings many years of experience to the table and the software services offered by the firm are used by hospitality businesses all over the world.
The software suite from mycloud Hospitality is easy to learn, highly customizable, and it can be deployed on-site in as less as four hours. If you are looking for a complete PMS that can add a new facet to the profitability of your business, then check out www.mycloudhospitality.com. You can also call +1-415-390-5039 to schedule a demonstration of the online hotel software so that you can get a better understanding of the functions and features. Looking for more? Please visit www.mycloudhospitality.com to get an in-depth look at the features of the software and how it can help your hotel business.